• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Faux out-of-phase tone with standard wiring

EpiLP1985

If you aren’t averse to switching mods, try what I mentioned earlier: Series/Parallel switch on Neck pickup and Reverse Phase on Bridge pickup. I use push pulls on the tone controls. The Ocean would both switches pulled up and in the middle switch position. Dial in the right amount of fat honk and you should nail it.

Last edited:

Black58

AH! I was SO hoping you didn't hit me with a studio recording! Do you have any idea how many factors are at work there!? :dance ... You are SO lucky to have found it, in such a simple way! :salude .. My only suggestions would be, either, to invent a way of playing it that way which is comfortable for you, or going with something posted, above. Sorry that I didn't have an easy fix. :dang ... FWIW, search live recordings of what he did with that. :ganz .. Good luck, brother. :salude

Zoso

AH! I was SO hoping you didn't hit me with a studio recording! Do you have any idea how many factors are at work there!? :dance ... You are SO lucky to have found it, in such a simple way! :salude .. My only suggestions would be, either, to invent a way of playing it that way which is comfortable for you, or going with something posted, above. Sorry that I didn't have an easy fix. :dang ... FWIW, search live recordings of what he did with that. :ganz .. Good luck, brother. :salude

Here's the same basic tone, live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sld1dgnN9mA.