• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

80s Dot Neck Studio Neck Profile

raymeedc

Being a relative newbie to the Les Paul world, are the neck profiles on the 80s Dot Neck Studios (as I think I've read somewhere) more like a Slim Taper 60's neck than the beefier '90s '59 type trapezoid models?

Last edited:

raymeedc

I'm looking at a dot neck Studio online now that I'm thinking of purchasing & would like to know which neck it's likely to have beforehand, the seller not being sure, so any help in this matter would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

raymeedc

Nobody here can help me? Does anyone alternatively know of another site or forum where I might get the information I'm seeking?

Black58

Nobody here can help me? Does anyone alternatively know of another site or forum where I might get the information I'm seeking?

If'n ya HAVE to know, right away, how about calling Gibson? :ganz

raymeedc

GAS attack over, finished it off with the purchase of a Cherry Sunburst Dot Necked '84 Studio Custom w/Shaws.

Last edited:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Being a relative newbie to the Les Paul world, are the neck profiles on the 80s Dot Neck Studios (as I think I've read somewhere) more like a Slim Taper 60's neck than the beefier '90s '59 type trapezoid models?

The one I currently have [unbound fingerboard] feels "normal". Not slim, not beefy. Nice and round.
The last one I had [like the photo] felt much the same with the exception of the binding, which seemed to be a subtle difference. Still felt "normal" in size.
Those are the last two I've had in almost 20 years. I don't see them anymore. :hmm