The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
    Les Paul Forum Member Tubes 'n Wood's Avatar

Precision Guitar Kits

Anyone have any experience with this? Just wondering about amount of finishing needed? I assume you have to purchase everything to go on it (IE: you only buy mostly finished skeleton). Thanks, Dean
    T 'n W

"Lemme' 'splain you Lucy. The 5e3 circuit... Has a fat ass. Like a '57 chevy. She likes to talk dirty... 5e3's are like that. I start at turning. Ever thang up to six. Above that approaches. Wettern' a shampoo'd water buffalo territory. Slap that ass. And pull her hair. With a Les Paul. And p90's. They like to be liking that. When it comes to tweed deluxes. It's not about. When you are sick and tired. Of her shit. It's about. Does she have a sister?" Texas Blues 1/22/19

Re: Precision Guitar Kits

I have finished two of them for customers. One came to me with the neck already glued and the other I had to set and glue the neck. The tolerances and fit were great and it was very easy to set the neck. As with any kit guitar there was some final prep sanding before I began filling mahogany and applying the finish. If you have experience doing finishing they are a great kit to work with. The necks also had a great full feel to them.

Les Paul Forum Member Tubes 'n Wood's Avatar

Re: Precision Guitar Kits

tonar, thank you for reply. Any recommendations or tips?
    T 'n W

"Lemme' 'splain you Lucy. The 5e3 circuit... Has a fat ass. Like a '57 chevy. She likes to talk dirty... 5e3's are like that. I start at turning. Ever thang up to six. Above that approaches. Wettern' a shampoo'd water buffalo territory. Slap that ass. And pull her hair. With a Les Paul. And p90's. They like to be liking that. When it comes to tweed deluxes. It's not about. When you are sick and tired. Of her shit. It's about. Does she have a sister?" Texas Blues 1/22/19