• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Intination of adjustable wraparound

slash@roses

I've maxed out the main side adjustment screws on my gotoh 510 wraparound bridge to the very end of its thread and moved my high e saddle all the way back but it's still not perfectly intonated like I can get with a tune o matic piece. Are wraparound just not as precise as a tune o matic? I got this bridge so I had individual saddle adjustment with still no luck any tips?

Flat neck relief. 2/32 action. 9-46 string gauge

rick c

Sorry for the late response; I've been away a while. Clearly the bridge is missing enough string wise movement to set the intonation. The easiest fix is to get longer side screws, or at least one for the top E side. I'd contact Gotoh and see if they can help.

slash@roses

Sorry for the late response; I've been away a while. Clearly the bridge is missing enough string wise movement to set the intonation. The easiest fix is to get longer side screws, or at least one for the top E side. I'd contact Gotoh and see if they can help.

https://m.imgur.com/ucaQr6I

Here is a photo for reference. When I get the screw to stay in the thread it locks the waffle completely in place

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I don't get the question. That high "E" saddle isn't back as far as it can go, and it's not even flipped around. Are you saying you can't adjust it back any farther?

slash@roses

I don't get the question. That high "E" saddle isn't back as far as it can go, and it's not even flipped around. Are you saying you can't adjust it back any farther?

The screw doesnt seat in the back of the bridge where the threaded hole is. The little clamp that keeps the screw from coming out came off. Do I need an entirely new screw for this to be functioning again? The saddle just slides completely freely attached to the screw but I can still turn the screw and make the saddle move

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
It looks to be functioning fine. String pressure holds it all together. The tiny nylon washer is just to stop buzzes that may or may not happen.

I'd set the standard bridge pattern for three plain, three wrapped at the farthest back position, then tune it up and use the main screws to set the intonation of the unit ass a whole.

Roughly this:

|
.|
..|
|
.|
..|