• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Your Most Regrettable Amp Sale

becks bolero

I had a nice '70's HIWATT DR504 & matching purple Fane loaded 4x12 that I sorta miss

and a great sounding '73 Twin Reverb...but they are all over the place, if I ever need another!

cooltouch

I didn't have any regrets about selling an old amp until recently when I found out what it's worth now. Back in 1965, my first "real" guitar was a single pickup Harmony, which is worth an incredible amount now, and it came with a little 5w Supro tube amp with an 8" speaker. I was about 12 at the time, and sold it a few years later when finally I got a "real" amp -- a heavily worn VOX Super Beatle. Yikes.

That little Supro is selling for $600 and up these days! Who on Earth, I wonder, would pay $600 for a silly little amp that starts to distort like crazy once turned up past 5 or so?