• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Ft Worth (previously Arlington) Guitar Show Roll Call

Hotshot

Photobucket (yeah, I know) is down, so I currently can't post anything. Have about 250 photos ready to go. Anyone have experience with SmugMug?

A couple of show updates: The burst at Drew Berlin's booth *may* have sold Friday afternoon. One of the Klon Centaur's for $2500 also sold. More as soon as the hosting situation gets straightened out.

Smugmug is awesome. I used to have of, and then when I joined the forum I got it again. It’s easy, looks good and is killer fast.

But out on a PC is where it shines. On mobile it can be tricky.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
So how did the new venue work out, overall?

For me it was pretty good. A lot to get used to after 30 years in the same location. Lots of unknowns and figuring out aspects and logistics.

And my observation was that public attendance was way down.

Still, a really fun weekend for many of us! :salude

sws1

I much prefer Arlington over Ft Worth, even though I had fun at the show.

Having to drive from the hotel...
Having to pay for parking each day...
(and the clincher)
Having to buy my hotdog from a concession stand loaded with flies.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I much prefer Arlington over Ft Worth, even though I had fun at the show.

Having to drive from the hotel...
Having to pay for parking each day...
(and the clincher)
Having to buy my hotdog from a concession stand loaded with flies.

I still find it bizarre that a major event complex like the Will Rogers Memorial Center [with several events going on] does not have a single hotel within one mile of the complex! :bigal

latestarter

I guess some stuff will get worked out before the next one. Hoping next year is all go for the show, and my attendance!

4string

Thanks to Hotshot for the SmugMug recommendation. Works flawlessly. :salude I will be reposting anything that did not make it into the first batch.

Overall I liked the show and plan to return. Talked with Ruth Brickman (show sponsor) and she thought things went ok. If there were any closer hotels I didn't see them.

Saturday never got obnoxiously crowded or noisy, but a lower turnout might have been a factor. Lyft was about $6.50 each way with tip. Still cheaper than renting a car and paying $22 a day at the hotel and whatever the rate was to park at the site though. You could buy a 3 day parking pass for the site at the show if that helped.