• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Takamine SUCKS................

JeffBlue

A while back I bought a Takamine Cool Tube preamp from eBay to install in an acoustic guitar with the intent to purchase a Sound Choice docking port from Takamine................and Takamine won't sell them without one installed in a guitar. Takamine you suck.

Black58

They don't wanna take a chance on something(s) that are beyond their control, when they KNOW what will work. Put yourself in their position, brother; Pretend you own Takamine, for a minute, and look back at what you stated. .. Would you trust you? :ganz

JeffBlue

Sorry I took such a hard line..........I actually like Takamine guitars. I found a used docking port on Reverb that someone on another forum directed me to. Takamine really doesn't suck. I had a Takamine 12 string years ago and I wish I still had it.

JeffBlue

Someone on another forum pointed me to a Reverb ad that had the docking port and I bought it. So....I guess Takamine doesn't suck so bad after all. I will be installing the docking port/preamp on a non-Takamine guitar or a resonator.