• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Nicky & Angel...my two 59 bursts!

BSeneca

Beautiful guitars sir. Thank you for sharing these with us. I have finally been able to acquire two vintage Gibson, a bastard 58 Junior and an all gold 52. Nicky has always been a favorite of mine. I never saw Angel but wow! Incredible. While mine don’t hold a candle to yours they give me great pleasure and I gig them regularly. Thanks again. Brian

marfen

Charlie, these new threads led me to check out your older pics of Angel. Mind if I ask how you clean, polish, maintain that beautiful finish on Angel. I realize the original finish is in remarkable condition but I am interested what is safe to use on my 50s goldtops. If it works on your beautiful bursts it should be fine for my old gold. thx and thanks for sharing these new beautiful pics of this terrific twosome!

burstman59

Thanks for sharing. Nicky is one of my favorite looking burst on looks alone. I bet it sounds and plays as good as it looks. I'm jealous of all you wonderful burst owners but even if I could afford one I doubt I would deserve it but One day hope to play another one. They are perfect the way they are. Like Billy Gibbons once said " A real piece of machinery " I love looking at every single one of them. It never gets old.

Fried okra

Awesome shots of some awesome bursts. :salude Question. Where will your grave be, specifically? :hmm

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Wow, that's some serious eye candy right there. Do you have a personal favourite out of the two of them, or are they both equal in your eyes (or hands)? Thanks for taking the time to post those wonderful photos :)

JPP-1

Wow, what a pair of beauties. I’m very intrested when you say they are not the least bit redundant. Would you share more details about the differences you’ve mentioned. While I realize that words can at best provide gross approximations when describing tone, it would be quite nice to hear your perception of each.

I realized it has been awhile since I photographed my two bursts together. Also, it's rained here all week and I've been stir crazy!:##

Anyway...these are the two that made the cut of all the bursts I've ever owned. They are both fantastic and they are both different enough to make them not in the least redundant to each other.

These will be going to the grave with me.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

DSC_9715-XL.jpg

DSC_9744-XL.jpg

DSC_9751-XL.jpg

DSC_9770-XL.jpg

DSC_9795-XL.jpg

DSC_9803-XL.jpg

agogetr

Wow, what a pair of beauties. I’m very intrested when you say they are not the least bit redundant. Would you share more details about the differences you’ve mentioned. While I realize that words can at best provide gross approximations when describing tone, it would be quite nice to hear your perception of each.

nothin like having a backup if you break a string!
totally awsome!!!

goldTopDeluxe

Another vote on this - I'm interested too.

corpse

Thanks for the pics. Didn’t you have a burst named Jennifer too?

RocknRollShakeUp

Nicky came from the previous owner. On the first day he had it, the top of the case inadvertently fell down and put a sizable "nick" on the back of the neck.:##

Angel got her name because the original owner was a preacher in a back woods Louisiana parish and played her in his church.:jim And she sings like an angel.

Angel%202%20001-XL.jpg

And here I thought they were named after two strippers in Vegas that you fell in love with!

Absolutely Gorgeous bursts, probably the nicest I've seen!

DEVILBAT

And here I thought they were named after two strippers in Vegas that you fell in love with!

Absolutely Gorgeous bursts, probably the nicest I've seen!

Beautiful guitars, Charlie! Just wonderful guitars and great photography.
I kind of dig the other preachers double cut 58 Junior, too!Square shoulders...