• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My 2013 Traditional II

cooltouch

Hey folks,

I'm brand new to the forums, but I thought I'd go ahead and share a few shots of my Traditional II. I guess you'd call that color "burgundy." The top has some decent figure, although not as nice as the figure I've seen in a lot of cherry bursts from the same time frame and later.

Les Paul Traditional, 2013 Model with Pick Guard Removed by Michael McBroom, on Flickr

Les Paul Traditional, 2013 Model by Michael McBroom, on Flickr

Les Paul Tradtional Head Stock by Michael McBroom, on Flickr

I bought this guitar in used, but unplayed condition. It was immaculate. I don't think the previous owner ever had it out of the case. So I lucked into the deal, saving hundreds of dollars off what new ones were selling for. The only downside to it is I didn't get to choose the color. I mean, the burgundy looks okay, but I'd have chosen something different.

From what I've read, the Traditional II model was made exclusively for Guitar Center. But I'm not really clear as to what the differences are between the regular and the II. I've seen one other plain Traditional recently and I noticed two differences -- it had pickup covers and the trussrod cover read "Traditional." Mine doesn't have either of these. It does have two push-pull volume pots -- one is a signal boost and the other is series/parallel, I think. It has a slim-60s taper neck, which I prefer, and it is heavy! I suppose if a guitar is really gonna be "traditional" one of the things it should have is weight.:spabout

Iguana

I like it. The burgundy gives it a classy look. The Les Paul you can play wearing a tux kinda thing. How does it play and sound? That’s what’s important.

cooltouch

Thanks. Hehe, to me the quintessential "Les Paul you can play wearing a tux" is still the Les Paul Custom -- black, of course. Still my favorite LP of all time, albeit minus the "Fretless Wonder" fret job.

Well, as you might expect, it plays and sounds beautifully. The action is just where I like it, so I didn't do any adjustment to it. Whether running it through my Marshall or into my PC via a digital interface and then employing amp sims, it sounds about what you'd expect a Les Paul to sound like -- awesome!

It's been so many years since I've owned a traditionally shaped Les Paul that I didn't know what to expect as I sat down with it the first time. I was surprised, though, that it felt familiar, as if none of the time had gone by. But then maybe this is just a tribute to the very well thought out design of the original, such that it feels so natural when one plays it.

MiG-19

20180817_143550.jpgGreat score. I have a 2013 in vintage burst, also bought used. It’s a keeper!

Attachments

• 20180817_143646.jpg
    20180817_143646.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: