• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Paul Rodgers and the Kossoff Burst Reunited 8-17-18 Nashville

El Gringo

Who is the guitarist that is playing the Kossoff Burst in the videos posted here ?

Doc Sausage

Wow. Off the chart cool! I’m sending this thread to all my music buds. Thanks, Okra!

67blackcherry

Such a great story! To not only obtain the Kossoff burst but then to put it back in the hands of Paul Rogers and have it played at a show....very cool!!

TM1

And no.., those fingers are not making a "V" for victory. In the U.K. that "V" with the back of your hand out means "fuck you" and dates back to one of the wars between the British & French when armies still employed archers who's bow fingers they would cut off if captured.

Fried okra

And no.., those fingers are not making a "V" for victory. In the U.K. that "V" with the back of your hand out means "fuck you" and dates back to one of the wars between the British & French when armies still employed archers who's bow fingers they would cut off if captured.

Bingo. :2cool

Ed A

This story is just too f*cking cool!!!.... great pix and video.... thanks for sharing!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Wow, so so cool. One of rocks most iconic guitars coming back to its roots, would have been a lot of good vibes around that day. I daresay Koss would have been looking down on it all smiling...

UEF

Out of interest, is there a story behind some of the larger scratches on the guitar? The one below the bridge looked like someone fell on it holding a screwdriver, or maybe the guitar was dragged across something sharp...

Fried okra

Out of interest, is there a story behind some of the larger scratches on the guitar? The one below the bridge looked like someone fell on it holding a screwdriver, or maybe the guitar was dragged across something sharp...

One theory is strings, due to Koss replacing the high strings more. However, I have a lot of pictures vaguely showing the marks shortly after Koss acquired the guitar. So, they could have already been there. If someone (Koss or the previous owner) scratched it that early in its career, it may have just progressively blossomed over time to get that gnarly looking.

NYCBURST

Also, He was most likely replacing strings while standing up with guitar around his neck, during a set. So he'd have to hold the string to the top and feed it through the tailpiece or it would hang down.

Black58

Not for nothing, people, but I'm having a LOT of trouble finding a pic of Koss with that guitar, with that damage behind the tailpiece. :ganz

Anje

Wow, what a moment.
Thanks Fried for making Koss' legacy live on by making such great stories happen, and for sharing that with us.
You can feel the quite overwhelming emotion in Pete's playing and attitude in the videos, who wouldn't be right?
:salude

Midnight Blues

Very cool FO! Can't imagine how you must have felt/feel, thanks for sharing!

The moment before they go into "Mr. Big", with Paul starring at the guitar and it appears he and Pete are talking about it is priceless!