• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NVGD!! '72 SG-I "Old Boy Jr"!!

Stevie C.

Here's my Old Boy Jr! '72 SG-I with vintage 60's Grovers, a vintage 70's Leo Quan Badass bridge and John Birch Magnum R mini humbucker! It had been routed for a dogear P90 at some point so I had to use a P90 ring adapter.. Original checked Cherry finish is 99% faded to Brown with a few spot of Cherry left under the hardware, etc..
My tribute to Tony Iommi's Old Boy and Monkey SG's and it screams!!

mdubya

Awesome!

I had a 1973 Deluxe. The neck width and shape was too narrow and small for me, but the looks are super cool.

How is the neck shape and size on yours?

My former bandmate/roommate had a late 70's Standard with block inlays and it had a great neck; wide and comfortably medium in shape.

Stevie C.

Awesome!

I had a 1973 Deluxe. The neck width and shape was too narrow and small for me, but the looks are super cool.

How is the neck shape and size on yours?

My former bandmate/roommate had a late 70's Standard with block inlays and it had a great neck; wide and comfortably medium in shape.

The neck is definitely super skinny up near the nut, but not too bad once you get to the 5th, and once I played it for a while it wasn't too big of a deal at all...

renderit

My first 'real guitar' was a 2 pickup (single coils) version of that in red sunburst! I would love to get one again just for the memories...

cincyguitar

Its hard to believe the cherry finish faded that much ...without lots of help...nice guitar dude...!