• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Guitarists with your fav LP tone

Dave P

Ronnie Montrose was a burst slinger and got some kick ass tones

porterburst

Dickey Betts

Duane Allman

Paul Kossoff

Peter Green and Danny Kirwin

Mick Ronson

MDent77

Excellent guitarists noted with exceptional LP tones.

Joey B has captured a few killer tones on a Lester from time to time.

RocknRollShakeUp

There are too many good ones...but I'll say jimmy page and bluesbraker Clapton...wild card mentions James Williamson, Steve Jones and Johnny Thunders!

Laganlad

Parisienne Walkways and Don’t Believe a Word from the Back on the Streets album by Gary Moore.

Midnight Blues

Peter Frampton - Especially with Humble Pie

Alex Lifeson - Especially with his 335 and 355

Gary Moore

Wes Montgomery

Larry Carlton

Lee Ritenour

brandtkronholm

Jimmy Page 1969 - 1973.

Bloomfield "Blues on a Westside" from Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West - 1969.

GreenBurst

- Ace Frehley from KISS Alive. Yeah it might have been an overdub, but it's still killer tone. Go listen closely to Let Me Go RnR.
- Gary Moore, Still Got The Blues (plus all of his live Blues - go search for The Messiah Will Come Again, or I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know)

herb

Hubert Sumlin for an early LP player. When sounds started to get more overdriven I'd say Clapton w/BBers, Bloomfield, Green and Kirwan, Taylor, Koss. Knopfler's is different but pretty cool. Gary Moore. Slash's is pretty decent. That's about it but that's enough.