• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Drew Smithers (Bishop Gunn) playing Nicky!

Black58

He has a really nice Duane reissue. Not the one with the frets in the back, but the other one, whose name escapes me at the moment.

Ah, the Duane Allman Cherryburst. AFAIK, it doesn't have an actual "name", but I believe that is what they called it. :)

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Bishop Gunn was opening up for Marcus King. I figured as long as I was toting Nicky up there, I might as well bring a 59 ES 345 for Marcus to play.:jim

DSC_9389-XL.jpg

DSC_9420-XL.jpg

DSC_9446-XL.jpg

DSC_9480-XL.jpg

corpse

Charlie
Did you get any pics of him playing a black LP special-looking guitar?

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
He didn’t play one like that this particular evening.

J.D.

Actually their perspective is incoherent. On the one hand, they criticize “collectors” for keeping the guitars out of the hands of “real” players, but simultaneously they want them unrealistically treated like delicate art objects, when they are just guitars.

Stabbing it through a Marshall cab...ok I might have a problem with that.:hee

But maybe not a solid state Peavey combo :lol

As far as neck bends, I personally wouldn't risk it on a nice Burst if I owned one, but wouldn't go as far as criticizing someone who did it in a proper/reasonable manner. I doubt I'd do a neck bend on someone else's guitar, regardless of value. YMMV

corpse

I think of neck bends as a heat of the moment or worse a showman's thing. I have never been pushed by the Muse into "what this tune really needs now is a good neck bend".
Particularly on a guitar that costs more than a functioning kidney.
BTW- really fucking killer pics once again Mr Daughtry.

P.Walker

If a guitar neck breaks because of a bend that small, it's probably going to fall apart at some point anyway. So bend away- within reason of course.

It's almost too similar to the nonsense about how snapping a taught string on a hardtail guitar will warp the neck. Nonsense.

Again, if your truss rod slips because of this (though why would it if only temporarily), then something else is a problem.

Not doing it to a guitar that isn't yours isn't out of fear that you break it, it's just being courteous- owner may not know anything about the details.