• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Building and LP - advice and help please :)

Jwf1991

Hey, totally new here and to this! I’m going to cut straight to the point.
The other day I made a spontaneous buy off EBay. A Baldwin Epoch Les Paul “ by Gibson” Body only.
I want to build my next guitar, I’m starting with a low budget and if it turn out good and I’m good at it I’ll make a better more expensive one in the future.
After researching the guitar after buying the body, I noticed a guy in America has actually used this body on a build of his own. He put a telecaster neck onto it which looked great and I’m a sucker for a telecaster. The thing that kept going through my head was “ the scale” I think a telecaster is 648mm and a Les Paul is 628mm?
On a Chinese site I found a telecaster neck which states it 628mm. Can anybody advise me if this will work??
thanksr

GotTheSilver

Check out TDPRI.com, the Home Depot forum. This is a place forr guitar builders. Post your question there. I am sure someone can give you some advise.