• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Slash picks up a new '59

Nobi

Sorry,
I thought the one with PU covers and a pickguard. Because he is mostly known for using open coils and no pickguard.
You can see it throughout the video when he is playing with his little signature Marshall.
At the 7:50 mark in the video you can get a clear shot of it but maybe its just a reissue because its looking really clean(apart from the tuning keys)

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I didn’t see any 1959 LP’s in that video. :)

Turn on your monitor. :ganz

Sorry,
I thought the one with PU covers and a pickguard. Because he is mostly known for using open coils and no pickguard.
You can see it throughout the video when he is playing with his little signature Marshall.
At the 7:50 mark in the video you can get a clear shot of it but maybe its just a reissue because its looking really clean(apart from the tuning keys)

That's the new [to Slash] 59 Burst.
I'm surprised nobody recognized it yet.
I checked with my friend and I can tell you all, Slash now owns 9-0592, sometimes known as the Robert Johnson Burst.
I owned it years ago, and I am glad he got it, and also glad to hear that he is really happy with it. :dude:

PixelBurst

So funny, I JUST watched the Ernie Ball video and came here to post that I think he's playing his new burst in it. Thanks for the confirmation Tom!

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
A nice modern photo:

normal_HPIM0417.jpg

Back when I owned it, along with Goldie. :2cool

9-0592_and_9-0629.JPG

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
This is where the name came from. This old photo from 35-40 years ago. :jim

917_p21549.jpg

[it's a 1959]

sws1

uak64rZ.png

That's a monster guitar. Probably required an extra leg of the GnR tour to pay for it.

Looks in great shape. Do we know where it was after you owned it, Tom?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Do we know where it was after you owned it, Tom?

It went from me to Vic. After that it changed hands again, maybe several times.
Now in the capable hands of a fantastic Rock and Roll guitar player. :dude:

asapmaz

Wow, I'm very rarely fooled but that did it. I even knew Slash had bought one of the 'famous' ones.
Unfortunately, that burst doesn't do a lot for me. Not very inspiring looking. A very "historic" looking burst, as odd as that sounds.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I was at the KAABOO show. Very fun.

I'm pretty sure he played the Appetite guitar quite a bit. And a darkburst.

DonRowe

Well since it is the real deal you could say some Historics look like it :jim. As opposed to the other way around LOL Nice guitar !