• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

One step closer to the dream guitar NGD

Hiwatt335

I like alot of you guys (im guessing) lust after a 64 ES335 in cherry red. At 15 years old i saw the videos of Clapton during the 94-96 era when he was playing blues stuff and always thought that the feel and playing was the best ever. Later i fell in love with the live Cream stuff.

So i got to see my first 64 ES335 up close about 7 years ago and a few months after that i bought a Nashville 63RI in cherry red that is a great guitar with some changes to pickups and electronics.

Got my converted SG Special from 64 about two years ago and was then hooked on the vintage drug.

So eleven years after seing those Clapton vids an add for a 66 ES335 12 to 6 string conversion shows up for sale for a good price. Asked for more pictures hoping it would be cherry red and have the right horns. When i got the pictures it wasnt cherry, it was sunburst but the horns were right and the conversion didnt look to bad either. Called them up and apperently there was a professional guitarplayer who had to sell it to fund a 61 ES335. So i made some calls, sold my Greco SA900 for half the money and managed to lend some cash to buy it.

Not sure what to expect i was quite nervous during the 5 day wait until it arrived. But after unpacking it and plugging it in i was in love. I like the narrow nut and the sound was killer, more aggressive then any of my gibsons.

After a day or two of just playing it and enjoying it i looked up the serial number and it turned out to be a 65 not a 66, i see it as a bonus plus.

Its been played alot so its got some battlescars but it just makes me love it more, been hard to play anything else since i got it and i think it might be my go to for life from now on, if i dont find a cherry one i like better haha.

Anyway enough typing, here are some pics!

<script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script><script async="" src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Hope you like my story and the pics, headstock isnt the prettiest thing in the world. But i dont mind, its a player and i love it!

fakejake

Congrats man, this one looks great! :salude
I can totally relate to your story! I've been lusting for a cherry 64 or 63 for so many years now. The painful thing is that it is almost affordable, I could strech it but my wife would probably divorce me and I'd be afrai to gig it etc...
I have a '70 that I absolutely love, which is my main guitar (and my avatar:jim ). Unfortunately I've never been able to play a pre-65 model, so (perhaps luckily) I don't know what I'm missing. I had a cherry '66 with the high logo and the right ears for a brief time, but it was a really bad guitar in every aspect (bought unseen online) and I sold as soon as I could....

Anyway, enjoy your beautiful new 335, it looks killer!!

Bruce R

Congrats, that's a beautiful guitar! I'd love to hear that with the Marshall!