• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Murphy aged, Brazilian R9 goodness

sws1

Massive thanks to @MFI Good Day for driving over to Wildwood and then FaceTime-ing me so that I could at least get some semblance of a test drive before having it shipped for my own in-hand inspection.

Very impressed with pretty much everything about this guitar, including the Wildwood-spec humbuckers which have the more dynamic feel that I like in my guitars. The pickups are quite bright :)dude:) but it has probably the most usable tone knobs on any LP I've ever had. I foresee making heavy use of them.

Some pics.

ZEnQszRh.jpg

c7AvGc1h.jpg

Xd9g50Zh.jpg

MzV9Nhqh.jpg

Uo8uCUZh.jpg

N7PQ1brh.jpg

MFI Good Day

Holy Mother of Pearl!

It was my pleasure Scott. This is an incredible guitar and your photos do it some justice.

Enjoy in great health!

J.D.

Congrats, the Murphy Brazilian is the ultimate Historic! :peace2

ks2847

Congrats, what a beautiful instrument! Enjoy her man!!

Last edited:

marshall1987

Congratulations! :salude

Those Wildwood Spec/ Tom Murphy Les Pauls are some of the finest guitars to ever come out of the Gibson Custom Shop. Your description of the pickups is spot on. I have one in Murphy Lemon and can barely put it down!

sws1

Congratulations! :salude

Those Wildwood Spec/ Tom Murphy Les Pauls are some of the finest guitars to ever come out of the Gibson Custom Shop. Your description of the pickups is spot on. I have one in Murphy Lemon and can barely put it down!

I always gravitate towards lemon. And I have several lemons now. So, definitely wanted something different, and the cherry on this really caught me eye. Especially in person.

renderit

Alas! I have no Cherry Les Pauls! The closest is Iced Tea. At some point i MUST get a Cherry 59...

KR1

The burst gradation is so subtle; that is super-nice.:salude