• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - 2018 Les Paul Tribute Gold Top w/cosmetic mods

Madhermit

I haven't had a real Les Paul since the days of the P90 gem series (I had the 'Topaz' burst style) and I was wanting one for the stable. I heard a lot of good things about these so I asked my local L&M if they could get 2 in to compare, which they did. Both had excellent fit and finish. Not a whisper of bad frets, inlay filler, things crooked, or anything. Top marks from me. The only thing I would mention is that one had the action too low, and one too high. Easily remedied. They were both very resonant, with the one I ended up buying being slightly more so. It vibrates acoustically quite a lot!

I got it home and I really like the look of the gold tops with black trim, so I set about doing that, along with a metal output jack, amber knobs, and a vintage switch tip. I think this gee-tar is all dressed up for the show now.

I gotta say though, this finish is REALLY easy to mark! You look at it wrong and it gets scratched and dented. I am careful with my equipment, but I am resigned to this one getting road worn quickly.

The gig bag is quite the looker. We will see how it holds up. The leather-look vinyl looks and feels like it may get trashed easily.

Overall weight is 8.4lbs and the 2018's don't have weight relief.

Sounds HUGE! I am a happy camper.

I couldn't find many pictures of the look I was going for, except one on this forum but it wasn't quite what I was after. I figure I would post a picture of the final outcome.

Attachments

• 2018 Les Paul Tribute.jpg
    2018 Les Paul Tribute.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 31