• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Bankruptcy Update

ks2847

Interesting article

I watched a recent Joe Bonamassa interview on youtube yesterday (Steve Jones' radio show) and they talked about Gibson. Joe mentioned that the guys who are looking to take over are "guitar guys" and good guys

UEF

Interesting article

I watched a recent Joe Bonamassa interview on youtube yesterday (Steve Jones' radio show) and they talked about Gibson. Joe mentioned that the guys who are looking to take over are "guitar guys" and good guys

I think I'd rather have 'business guys' than 'guitar guys' - there should be guitar guys there advising, but I wouldn't want them running a P&L for example.

DougDR94

KKR will do what it needs to do in order to position the company for sale and recoup the haircut it took from converting its debt to equity. They will not be in for the long-run; that’s not their model. Hopefully they sell off any non-Gibson guitar assets remaining and focus on building the value of the brand rather than cutting their way to profitability at the expense of quality.