• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Beast Output?

Black58

I would love to read the article to see when he inspected the guitar. Could be he's referring to the current neck pickup since apparently the one he used during zeppelin is no longer in the guitar and hasn't been for some time.

That's interesting. I haven't read anything about that. The article did say that the reason for the guitar, and specifically that pickup, being inspected was that Page was a little worried about their condition and making sure that everything was A-okay.

Black58

It was definitely one of the British rags. Within the last year, or so. Sorry that I cannot be more helpful than that. I'm getting old! :rofl

duaneflowers

I have read and re-read numerous times ans cant seem to find a mention of pickup outputs?

39501210_306814133214506_9134203924469776384_n.png

johnreardon

Last edited:

agogetr

this thread is awesome! i was actually refered to as a 'dentist' on another thread for inquiring about ohm readings.
i have been doing readings for years. i like the higher readings on my paf's maybe a bit less clarity but i'l take it.

El Gringo

I just read somewhere recently that a lady who of course is retired said she was a pickup winder back in the Golden Era at K Zoo and said that sometimes when a pickup was in process of being wound and then lunch break would come and who ever went back to winding after lunch would give the said pickup in the machine the same # of turns and that could be an explanation as to why some PAF's were hotter than others . Pretty good explanation if it is true ?

duaneflowers

I just read somewhere recently that a lady who of course is retired said she was a pickup winder back in the Golden Era at K Zoo and said that sometimes when a pickup was in process of being wound and then lunch break would come and who ever went back to winding after lunch would give the said pickup in the machine the same # of turns and that could be an explanation as to why some PAF's were hotter than others . Pretty good explanation if it is true ?

IIRC that account was related to Bernie when he visited the Gibson factory...