• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

ID this LP Copy?

DylanLP

Thanks

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

imagejpeg

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
"1980年代頃製" = Made in the 1980s

Right you are!

DylanLP

Thanks all for your feedback. I don’t know whether I should pull the trigger on this one cause the photos are not clear, no details on what’s been modified, and this guitar seem to be advertised all over the place.

duaneflowers

Thanks all for your feedback. I don’t know whether I should pull the trigger on this one cause the photos are not clear, no details on what’s been modified, and this guitar seem to be advertised all over the place.

Feel free to contact the seller at pan_project@guitarplanet.co.jp with any questions you may have... they do speak English. :salude

JLee

those are 2 different guitars. Trussrod covers are different.
1st one is a late 80s to early 90s. Has the extra points extending off the sides of the trussrod cover.
2nd one is mid 80s. Has the Gibson style trussrod cover but with a thicker white border.

The late 80s models were produced at 2 diffeeent factories. Can’t remember which factory is which, but one made models with fret edge binding.

They’re great guitars and probably the most budget friendly of the &0s MIJ guitars, but they’re starting to creep up in price.

Both guitars are poly finished. Only the early, early 80s high end models were finished in nitro.
Pickups are ok. Nothing special, but not terrible. Electronics aren’t anything to write home about either. I think neck profiles tend to be slimmer.