• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1997 R8 specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
All of your responses in YOUR thread were because you did'nt care? .. Allright..:hmm

Thnx anyway..

Yup. Still don’t. I’m not here to educate. Ignorance is bliss. Filing the info on your own. Just like I had to

MeHereNow

Ignorance isn't bliss.

Ignorance is a choice..

I do.. here..
For an ongoing 9 years now.
And learned a lot from people with experience in the field of guitars here who ARE willing to share.
And if 1 knows half, most of the time another 1 will chime in and make it whole.
An coöperative effort so to speak.
That's what makes (or at least, used to make) LPF a great place to browse, read and dicuss.

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
Ignorance isn't bliss.

Ignorance is a choice..

I do.. here..
For an ongoing 9 years now.
And learned a lot from people with experience in the field of guitars here who ARE willing to share.
And if 1 knows half, most of the time another 1 will chime in and make it whole.
An coöperative effort so to speak.
That's what makes (or at least, used to make) LPF a great place to browse, read and dicuss.

Its not that hard. The reason people stopped using hot hide glue is because it’s not fool proof like titebond. If you mix it wrong. If you let it sit too long or don’t use it fast enough you can have issues. When done right there is no better. PEROID. It costs way more to do right therefor Gibson can also charge a premium for that effort. Lacquer is the same vs poly. Lacquer takes 2 weeks to fully cure. The process is longer and more expensive. Poly stays plyable. Therefor it takes impact much better. It also doesn’t crack like lacquer. Most believe that plyability deadens the vibration of the wood. The same as plyable wood glue

as I statedd earlier. Test it for yourself. Pour some good glue on wax paper. Then get some hide glue. The hide glue will snap and the wood glue will flex like silly putty. It’s just common sense. Hot hide glue opens pores of the wood and penetrates deeper. Tensile strength is better.

lets not blind anyone science tho..... let’s all be blindly stupid and pay the money extra money.

Maybe.. just maybe the gimmick is that the wood glue guys don’t want to take the time or effort to use the better glue. They just want to push out as many guitars as possible so they discredit to fit their method.

Do do you think a Strativarius would be made with wood glue and poly? NOPE

i compare hide glue vs wood glue to a bolt on vs set neck. Sure there are many REAAAALLLY GOOD STRAT And TELES out there. Would you frown if Gibson started making all bolt on necks???? YUP

MeHereNow

Its not that hard. The reason people stopped using hot hide glue is because it’s not fool proof like titebond. If you mix it wrong. If you let it sit too long or don’t use it fast enough you can have issues. When done right there is no better. PEROID. It costs way more to do right therefor Gibson can also charge a premium for that effort. Lacquer is the same vs poly. Lacquer takes 2 weeks to fully cure. The process is longer and more expensive. Poly stays plyable. Therefor it takes impact much better. It also doesn’t crack like lacquer. Most believe that plyability deadens the vibration of the wood. The same as plyable wood glue

as I statedd earlier. Test it for yourself. Pour some good glue on wax paper. Then get some hide glue. The hide glue will snap and the wood glue will flex like silly putty. It’s just common sense. Hot hide glue opens pores of the wood and penetrates deeper. Tensile strength is better.

lets not blind anyone science tho..... let’s all be blindly stupid and pay the money extra money.

Maybe.. just maybe the gimmick is that the wood glue guys don’t want to take the time or effort to use the better glue. They just want to push out as many guitars as possible so they discredit to fit their method.

Do do you think a Strativarius would be made with wood glue and poly? NOPE

i compare hide glue vs wood glue to a bolt on vs set neck. Sure there are many REAAAALLLY GOOD STRAT And TELES out there. Would you frown if Gibson started making all bolt on necks???? YUP

Ehm...

I don't know why you rant over poly vs hide again..
You said i have to fill in the knowledge for myself, and i answered regarding to that..

"Filing the info on your own. Just like I had to"
Remember?

That's it..

I will remove myself out of your thread now.
Thnx for the info and discussion

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
Ehm...

I don't know why you rant over poly vs hide again..
You said i have to fill in the knowledge for myself, and i answered regarding to that..

"Filing the info on your own. Just like I had to"
Remember?

That's it..

I will remove myself out of your thread now.
Thnx for the info and discussion

Thats kinda how it is. Unfortunately. If a person hasn’t owned both their opinion is void. This is decades of trial and error and research. Not just a theory. If anyone has proof that disputes those comments. Feel free to post the FACTS. not an opinion. Post your tests or research to disprove

renderit

STOP EATING URINAL BISCUITS! THEY ARE NOT GOOD FOR YOU!

THAT, my friend, IS A FACT! PEEERIOD!

renderit

Based on your last few posts it looks like your less retarded brother is your Avi. ������

As I spent quite a bit of time working with challenged children and adults over the last few years I consider that a compliment. Most have displayed a considerably better understanding of fact and nuance than you.

But keep going sister...

Big Al

i don’t understand half of this post but thanks. I think it’s positive. It’s not about being better than anyone. It’s about having actually studied and done the work being told by someone that hasn’t YOURE WRONG. I said it perfectly earlier. I bet half these guys watch Chibson videos all day dreaming on YouTube

so answer me which is worse. They guy trolling without even owning one of these guitars or the moron that pays the Murphy premium but comes on here saying a standard is “just as good”

its laughable.... the only thing I hate more then stupid people are republicans and hypocrites. Usually 3 in the same.

You have not actually studied and done the work. You are beyond wrong, you are a poser and a liar. I'll answer what is worse, Joisey wannabee posers with a pool stick up their ass. Studied? Hard to believe given the depth of ignorance you display.

Leave politics out numbskull, VERBOTEN DUMBKUPFT!

I don't believe you've ever set a neck much less built a guitar.
I think you are a Human Chibson, a pale fake ass poser that can't fool knowledgeable folks. You sir are not an achiever!

You reek of ignorance and a desperate desire to be accepted as a guru, POSER! You seek advise, then discount it while reciting phony facts and insulting any who dare question your questionable alternate facts, (BULLSHIT), and forget we remember your previous attempts at the same crap.

And even after all your foot in mouth statements, when presented with a good natured offer to start over you respond like the lyin' pool cue in butt poser you can't help but be! Remove the stick from your butt, the foot from your mouth, drop the pretence and get real or real gone.

@DWS2 I was amused that you were stuck on stupid making the same points over and over.....until you exposed yourself as a hater. Now you’re just a closed minded hater and liar.

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
You have not actually studied and done the work. You are beyond wrong, you are a poser and a liar. I'll answer what is worse, Joisey wannabee posers with a pool stick up their ass. Studied? Hard to believe given the depth of ignorance you display.

Leave politics out numbskull, VERBOTEN DUMBKUPFT!

I don't believe you've ever set a neck much less built a guitar.
I think you are a Human Chibson, a pale fake ass poser that can't fool knowledgeable folks. You sir are not an achiever!

You reek of ignorance and a desperate desire to be accepted as a guru, POSER! You seek advise, then discount it while reciting phony facts and insulting any who dare question your questionable alternate facts, (BULLSHIT), and forget we remember your previous attempts at the same crap.

And even after all your foot in mouth statements, when presented with a good natured offer to start over you respond like the lyin' pool cue in butt poser you can't help but be! Remove the stick from your butt, the foot from your mouth, drop the pretence and get real or real gone.

Meanwhile my method and only my method are being used. You're just an unhinged balloon of hot air. lol lol. i don't have to prove anything to you. i know the type of moron you are. blow your hot air and sit home being the biggest hypocrite of them all. its laughable. you claim to be knowledgeable... also laughable. there is a reason why guys like me stay away from forums like this... YOU. Key board cowboys. Keep wasting your money and spewing your worthless nonsense....

i don't need to start over... i don't live a lie everyday like you. Rambling on while secretly being envious. lol

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
@DWS2 I was amused that you were stuck on stupid making the same points over and over.....until you exposed yourself as a hater. Now you’re just a closed minded hater and liar.

hater? lair? lol are you a 15 year old school girl? you should learn the terms before you use them....

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
The benefit is that hide glue dries hard, almost crystalline. It does not creep and is the best acoustic solution.

The glues that Gibson uses on Les Pauls is sort of rubbery in comparison. It can creep and being softer is said to have a damping effect on possible resonance.

It also can be heated and moisturized to allow for reseting joints for repairs and such.

do your own research ladies... take time from your studio circle jerk and educate yourself. dont just listen to big gay al because his post count is high. he has time to post all day because he isnt doing any actual real work. hahahaha

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
seems like AL is the hater.... he has been regurgitating the same slop for the better part of a decade... you sir have to be one of the stupidest thick headed people i have ever crossed paths with. "YOU DONT PLAY GLUE" what a moron.... you sir are a lost cause.... you should just have bought epiphones lol

I'm so sorry you are so wrong.:dang I have 4 Historics, two with hide glue, two with tite bond. I've some nice vintage stuff and new stuff. I don't play glue. I play guitar, and my guitars with modern glue are as good sounding, or better than my 2013's and the many 2014's I tried.

You can't hear glue. Nobody hears glue. HYPE short for HYPERBOLE. Exaggerated or misleading claims meant to generate sales.:ha

All the HYPE about hide glue started from an old artical with Max Baranet, where he made some personal observations about, the crysal properties and tone of hide glue. It didn't take long for unproven, unmeasurable, undocumented myth to become yet another vintage tone reality. It's a sticky subject, fueled by vintage fervor and mired in an adherence to blind faith.:headbange

DWS2

Les Paul Froum Member
You used the word hate in your moronic rant you toxic twit. I’m using your own words genius.
incorrectly at that... still waiting for you to explain how i'm a hater or a lair

guess ill be waiting for a long time.... ill help you out a little here

Modern luthier's workshop, Cremona (2007)
Occupation
Instrument maker

<caption style="font-size: 15.4px; font-weight: bold; padding: 0.2em;">Luthier</caption><tbody>
</tbody>
A luthier (/ˈluːtiər/ LOO-ti-ər)[SUP][1][/SUP] is someone who builds or repairs string instruments generally consisting of a neck and a sound box. The word "luthier" comes from the French word luth, which means lute. A luthier was originally a maker of lutes, but the term now includes makers of stringed instruments such as the violin or guitar. A luthier does not make harps or pianos, as these require different skills and construction methods because their strings are secured to a frame.
The craft of making string instruments, or lutherie (sometimes spelled luthiery), is commonly divided into two main categories: makers of stringed instruments that are plucked or strummed, and those that are bowed.[SUP][2][/SUP] Since bowed instruments require a bow, the second category includes a subtype known as a bow maker or archetier. Luthiers may also teach string-instrument making, either through apprenticeship or formal classroom instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.