• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Easy fix

El Gringo

I have one note that is buzzing on my R8 which is the B note on the A string and I am looking for the easiest fix as I am not tech savy and not comfortable messing around with the Truss Rod and was hoping someone could give me some advice please .

Last edited:

Xpensive Wino

I have one note that is buzzing on my R8 which is the B note on the A string and I am looking for the easiest fix as I am not tech savy and not comfortable messing around with the Truss Rod and was hoping someone could give me some advice please .

Find a skilled guitar tech and ask them to check the fret.

Zentar

This is a good time to go see a luthier. They don't charge much if they don't do much.
You can get a professional intonation done for $30. This includes truss rod adjustment.

latestarter

One note on one string? More likely a marginally lifted fret as opposed to a truss rod matter.

Normally, on newer guitars, and once confirmed that this is indeed the issue, I give the fret a little tap with a fret hammer. Takes about 5 minutes.

renderit

One note on one string? More likely a marginally lifted fret as opposed to a truss rod matter.

Normally, on newer guitars, and once confirmed that this is indeed the issue, I give the fret a little tap with a fret hammer. Takes about 5 minutes.

Holy Schmolly! Are you a tortoise? For me a hammer stroke is aboot 1/100 of a second! Man! I hope you don't build houses, but if you do I am sure you work in Austin!