• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Just bought a Collector’s Choice Mick Ralphs (58 Tue Historic)

I just today purchased a new Mick Ralphs Collector’s Choice. It gets shipped tomorrow. Seller dropped price $1600 and I pounced. I have a CC Whitford which is a 59. I love that guitar. I’m a big fan of this CC concept. I’m really excited but this will do it for me for a while..... unless a Peter Green or the Beast become available.

Im interested in some feedback from current “Ralphs” owners.....

latestarter

I was was watching that too...saw the price drop message, and you beat me to it congrats.

There is a thread on this RI on this site somewhere, posted by f-hole.

I was was watching that too...saw the price drop message, and you beat me to it congrats.

Thanks. I will post a few pics and a review when it arrives. I notice looking at it that it has a bit of a flame going on. It will be interesting to see in person.

renderit

I just today purchased a new Mick Ralphs Collector’s Choice. It gets shipped tomorrow. Seller dropped price $1600 and I pounced. I have a CC Whitford which is a 59. I love that guitar. I’m a big fan of this CC concept. I’m really excited but this will do it for me for a while..... unless a Peter Green or the Beast become available.

Im interested in some feedback from current “Ralphs” owners.....

Those Tuesday Historics are the good ones. The Mondays are kinda blah and the Friday ones are suspect as hell...

renderit

Look at your Re: Line above. Bad joke because I'm me.

porterburst

They're fantastic guitars.

Here's mine:

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/...58-Mick-Ralphs-Les-Paul&highlight=mick+ralphs

M6gRcap.jpg

Fried okra

That is sweet. FedEx screwed up yesterday and I was not home today. I will get it for sure tomorrow.

How owl does it sound?

Sounds great and feels great. Though I must admit, I have been playing my 18' Brazilian more than anything this year. It's just right. :salude

My Mick Ralphs arrived today. The top was better than expected. The neck is more 59 than 58. Tone wise very similiar to the Whitford. I played it for an hour today through a Friedman BE 100 and an Engl Special Edition. I also have a 2013 R8 with a much chunkier neck and a bit heavier. The Ralphs feels and plays much more like the CC26 than the R8.

Here are some pics. Not really doing it justice. Will take some more later.

Im happy. It usually takes me a month or more to really know if I like a guitar but this is clearly a great guitar.

29E3FBB3-0D38-4E58-8EC4-D7E85C9694FC.jpg8CFBF900-B7B6-44EB-8AFF-E650E0AFB08C.jpgC65D8FF5-FC69-4FF9-808B-01B7B104F136.jpg

Attachments

• 7247E0F2-DCDB-488F-A4E1-1F71E78E2016.jpg
    7247E0F2-DCDB-488F-A4E1-1F71E78E2016.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
As is the original, if generalising.

My beef on the CC run is that the tops don't come close to the original.

Im actually grateful to have these guitars, both CC26 and CC43. I could not tell you which is better because in a couple of days of focusing on 43 I’m seeing and feeling some difference. They both make me happy and I personally think they are worth every Penney. Yes, I’ve kissed both after playing them. I don’t really expect them to be a 100% clones Of the original Burst guitars. But I do hope they have the DNA in terms of feel, tone and looks.

I read in another post that you own the real Mick Ralphs 58. I am very interested in your thoughts on the original and then how the CC43 production run compares to the original in three categories — how they look, how they feel in your hands ( are they really similiar) and of course tone. When I researched the Collector’s Choice line I figured feel would be the most likely element they could nail.

Thanks for what what ever you can share. Don’t want you to get crossways with Gibson. But you have probably the best perspective on CC43 on the planet.

Last edited:
Original Mick Burst:
http://www.burstserial.com/index.php?/category/889

No two guitars will ever be perfectly the same, but I think mine comes pretty close.

https://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/...58-Mick-Ralphs-Les-Paul&highlight=mick+ralphs

I saw your thread when when I was considering #43. It helped a lot. I’ve got to say the two Collector’s Choice guitars I have are better than expected..... and I expected a lot. The #43 arrived perfect. The #26 was set up weird by the previous owner. Once I had that set it the guitar was amazing. Both are great but feel different.

im curious how these measure up to the originals in feel, tone and appearance. My guitar looks very similiar to yours