• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fender JV Japan Vs PRE CBS Vs CBS

thin sissy

Does loudness (higher output pickups) mean better to you? I think that is only one dimension in the tonal qualities of the comparison.
No, not necessarily (and I don't think I said that I do).

I just don't see how manipulating the volumes post recording would make a better comparison. It would hide one part of the tonal quality of the guitar. Just my opinion of course!

sikoniko

No, not necessarily (and I don't think I said that I do).

I just don't see how manipulating the volumes post recording would make a better comparison. It would hide one part of the tonal quality of the guitar. Just my opinion of course!

Post recording? I meant when switching from one guitar to the next before recording. The interesting question would be whether to use the volume of the amp of the volume of the guitar to match db’s. I would be curious if the pre cbs would still break up at a matched db.