• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2018 SG Junior

ks2847

Has anyone got their hands on the 2018 SG Junior?

I'm loving the simplicity of it, and I'm a big fan of p90s! It's tempting!!!

StSpider

I did not, but I've played a 2016 that was made exclusively for the Japan market when I was in Tokyo. Fantastic guitar, I honestly felt it sounded truer to a vintage piece than the custom shop juniors and specials that I've played.

Only reason I didn't leave the store with it is that I would have to drop it in the plane along with the other luggage and didn't want a new guitar broken.

ks2847

I did not, but I've played a 2016 that was made exclusively for the Japan market when I was in Tokyo. Fantastic guitar, I honestly felt it sounded truer to a vintage piece than the custom shop juniors and specials that I've played.

Only reason I didn't leave the store with it is that I would have to drop it in the plane along with the other luggage and didn't want a new guitar broken.

Cool, thanks StSpider. Totally get the issue with the plane!

Just seen some favourable comments over on http://www.everythingsg.com/threads/ngd-2018-sg-junior-review-just-a-fine-axe.33782/page-2

The pics there look great, I'm more tempted than ever to get one...........uh oh :):)

ks2847

I/m curious about these guitars, there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of info online and not many reviews. Here in the UK I don't recall seeing anything in the magazines either.

I know the script logo isn't period correct and is more often associated with acoustics, also the price seems to put people off seeing as it's a Junior.

Am I missing something?

GuitarMikey

These are what....$1500 USD?
I know of a 1965 on my local craigslist asking $2300.
I personally got a very clean 1964 a few years back for $2k.

They are out there if you look hard enough :salude

ks2847

These are what....$1500 USD?
I know of a 1965 on my local craigslist asking $2300.
I personally got a very clean 1964 a few years back for $2k.

They are out there if you look hard enough :salude

Cheers GuitarMikey, that's good to know

I can get a 2018 model from Andertons for £899, so with the current exchange rate that works out at approx $1150. I think the price of the vintage models has increased, although I haven't investigated all options yet, but this is what I've seen so far...

Cheapest vintage option (1962) on Reverb currently is $1999 and that has a broken neck repair
On Gumtree/Ebay I can get a 1965 for £2200 and that includes non-original parts

I'll keep looking, it's all part of the journey right!!