• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Trapeze Goldtop refin thread and undoing a partial conversion back to trapeze (PICS)

buyusfear

Before I reluctantly return this thing to it's rightful owner, I still wanted to build it's case one of these dual neck supports that I've actually done a couple times for old trapeze Lester's before.

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support02_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support04_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support05_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support09_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support11_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support12_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support13_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support17_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support18_orig.jpg

52-refin-case-dual-neck-support19_orig.jpg

I seldom comment on... anything, here, but I have to commend you on an absolutely staggering level of fine, detailed work
(and that case improvement just takes even further, above and beyond!), and for simply allowing this glittering Goldtop to be what it was born to be,
only better.:3zone

buyusfear

I seldom comment on... anything, here, but I have to commend you on an absolutely staggering level of fine, detailed work
(and that case improvement just takes even further, above and beyond!), and for simply allowing this glittering Goldtop to be what it was born to be,
only better.:3zone

Thank you so much!

Doing this on the side, as this is just a hobby and not my main career, has taken quite a bit of effort for me to find the time to do right, but it was worth it.

buyusfear

So, the guitar is finally completed, and ready to go back to it's owner.
I took some pics for the owner, who dropped off 3 vintage Gibson amps of his to be part of the pics.

Thanks again for watching!

52-refin-white-back-drop-pics6_orig.jpg

The owners little Kalamazoo corner
52-refin-amps-white-back-drop-pics35_orig.jpg

And then a couple pics of my '55 SJ and '56 Jr, tossed in for some added mojo, as well as a couple lap steels from who knows where lol.

test-shots7_orig.jpg

test-shots9_orig.jpg

52-refin-amps-white-back-drop-pics22_orig.jpg

52-refin-amps-white-back-drop-pics19_orig.jpg

52-refin-amps-white-back-drop-pics17_orig.jpg

thin sissy

Thank you so much!

Doing this on the side, as this is just a hobby and not my main career, has taken quite a bit of effort for me to find the time to do right, but it was worth it.
It is so impressive that you reached this skill with something you're doing on the side. I think I'm not alone in saying that it feels so good to see someone restoring old goldtops.

BTW, is there any chance of you recording a vid of this guitar? Or am I asking too much ;) ?

buyusfear

It is so impressive that you reached this skill with something you're doing on the side. I think I'm not alone in saying that it feels so good to see someone restoring old goldtops.

BTW, is there any chance of you recording a vid of this guitar? Or am I asking too much ;) ?

Thankyou! I know I’m not the only one who loves seeing these original goldtops remain as much as original as posible.

Video, might be tough with my schedule. No promises.

C-4

buyusfear,
Your workmanship is absolutely beyond stunning, impeccable, exacting, and as fine as any reconstruction work I have ever seen, by anyone who actually does do this for a living. :applaude

VamboRool

On the knobs, the one on the left looks more like the ones on my 1950 ES-300. Should I state why or not?

agogetr

wow pure joy watching this thing come together. i always loved the look of a trapeze on these too. i,m going to change your name to 'buyusbeer' because everyone on this forum wants to buy you a beer i,m pretty sure. i,l buy the first round! might have to run a tab.
is it me or it always seems the re issue klusons have longer button shafts?

buyusfear

buyusfear,
Your workmanship is absolutely beyond stunning, impeccable, exacting, and as fine as any reconstruction work I have ever seen, by anyone who actually does do this for a living. :applaude

wow pure joy watching this thing come together. i always loved the look of a trapeze on these too. i,m going to change your name to 'buyusbeer' because everyone on this forum wants to buy you a beer i,m pretty sure. i,l buy the first round! might have to run a tab.

Thank you both!

And beer is good!
I haven’t compared button shafts but now I wanna measure.

The guitar went home today to a very happy owner. Which makes me happy.

Some final notes taken for nerdy note book.
52-refin-final-closeup-pics02_orig.jpg

And I almost forgot to take a photo on one of my favorite spots.
52-refin-final-closeup-pics09_orig.jpg

sws1

I love this clip (and the sound) in this vid. Made me want one.

JIMI55LP

Thanks for making the super efforts to share this restoration! Your work and attention to details are unbelievable! Thanks goodness some folks devote their time and skills to preserving these gems. Your work is an inspiration to attempt the same. This documentation was over the top while doing the level of details you achieved! Thanks again and I love to quote ," Don't Crush Em', Restore Em' "!