• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD 1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG (Loch Ness Green) 383/777

Pellman73

Well I've wanted one of these for a very long time. Got this from a guy in Canada... wasn't totally sure about it but it looks incredible and plays even better

for those of you who don't know this was the first Jem-- they did 777 in the Loch Ness Green. All signed and numbered by Steve Vai

I think its like a piece of art from the 80s. what I wasn't prepared for was what a good guitar it is! it sounds incredible in all 5 positions. It is a beast.

There are a lot of really cool details. The monkey grip, the pyramid inlays and the scalloped frets, the palm rest (rare on even this model because Kahler sued.... I think it was Kahler) (and the carved out spots for pulling back on the trem, painted pink)

Probably not for everyone.... but I think its a masterpiece of crazy 80s... ness. (loch ness, that is)

bsteff666

Yes. Really sums up that whole era.

I have #19 of the LNG's. I've had it since 1991.

Fun guitars.

Stephens

Super cool NGD! In my early teens, Vai and Satriani were the ones that did it for me. I always wanted one of the JEM’s and the Chrome Boy Satriani models. Enjoy!🤘

Pellman73

Yes. Really sums up that whole era.

I have #19 of the LNG's. I've had it since 1991.

Fun guitars.

thats an early one

does yours have a little glyph under the signature? I Think these were cool

:salude:dude:

Dave P

I remember when those came out, a store near me had a green one and a yellow one. At the time $700 was a lot of dough for an Ibanez.

renderit

I'll have to gets me one! It goes wit' me hat!

36357693152_2a4d7d6fb1.jpg

Inversion

Congrats! That is a wicked guitar. A word of advice ... do not let it go!!!. I bought one new back in '89 in Desert Yellow. I sold it a couple of years later and it has been my greatest guitar regret ever! It's a really cool sounding, amazing playing piece of art. Cherish it. Can you tell I'm jealous :)

Patek

Fantastic! I used to have the shocking pink for the late 80s, as well as an early 90s desert yellow and a LNG 777BR (which is the 7 string version of the LNG but without monkey grip and without sig), so it Almost looked like I had the original 3 on the wall.

great guitars and as you say, pieces of 80s art. I seldom played them and after I got married I slimmed the collection down and paid some debts off, the wife was actually upset as the JEMs were her favourite

marfen

Nice....I bought #520 (#-autograph on the spring cover) new...had the hinged trem cover like yours. Beautiful guitar but it went away once I went vintage strat phase. Yes those were great guitars.

Pellman73

Congrats! That is a wicked guitar. A word of advice ... do not let it go!!!. I bought one new back in '89 in Desert Yellow. I sold it a couple of years later and it has been my greatest guitar regret ever! It's a really cool sounding, amazing playing piece of art. Cherish it. Can you tell I'm jealous :)

Ha thanks... I will try!