• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Flying V wiring (tone on JUST the bridge). Can this be done?

JimFog

I've had a Flying V for a while (Gibson Faded), but never loved the control setup. I'm wondering if this could be done.......

2 volumes, 1 tone (like stock)....BUT....

Have the tone control ONLY effect the bridge pickup, even when the switch is in the middle position. I tried it, and got the tone off the neck and only on the bridge when they are on their respective switch positions, but when I'm in the middle (both pickups on) position, the tone now works on both.......which I don't want.

Do I need a special switch, or is there a way to wire this that I'm missing?

Thanks!

latestarter

Disconnect the tone pot from the pickup switch. Reconnect it directly to the out of the volume pot, along with the "out" wire to the switch. That should work as you've described..

chasenblues

Disconnect the tone pot from the pickup switch. Reconnect it directly to the out of the volume pot, along with the "out" wire to the switch. That should work as you've described..

From this,

rpxM6MGl.jpg

To this?

jD3WbCOl.jpg

JimFog

Thanks......but that's how it is now, and in the middle switch position, the tone still effects both pickups.

latestarter

If you turn the bridge volume all the way down, are you saying the tone pot still affects the neck pickup? Can't imagine how that's happening given the tone pot is now only connected to the bridge pickup. Maybe move the tone bleed connecting wire from the output of the bridge vol pot to the pickup in tab. Then the treble bleed occurs pre the volume pot.

If that doesn't work then I'm stumped...