• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul's signature?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I got an SG yesterday with this Les Paul signature on it.
Do any of you know his signature well enough to know if it is real? :hmm

DSCN5396.JPG

DSCN5399.JPG

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
The day after our wedding, we saw Les at the Iridium, and during the autograph session after the show, we asked him to sign a leftover placecard setting* my wife had in her purse, which he signed with a sharpie:

i-ccgv7JW-M.jpg

* minus the obligatory URL watermark, of course. :biggrin:

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Thanks! I hope it helps with the verdict on the signature on the SG.

I really want to see signatures on guitars. I also have Les' signature on a photo of my first Les Pauls. But I got that signature some 40 years ago.
Since there is no provenance for this signature on this guitar, I am mostly satisfying my curiosity. :)

J.D.

I would say it is authentic, based on other (believed authentic) signatures I've seen over the years (do a quick eBay search), and that obtaining Les's signature while alive was relatively easy.

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I reloaded my old signature photo. This is on a photo I had when I saw Les at a NAMM show in the late 70's.
So, it is 40 years old.

Les_Paul_s_signature_on_my_photo_of_Curly.JPG