• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: Wildwood Spec 1963 Memphis ES-335

57Strat777

DUDE!!! I am about 98% positive I almost bought that exact guitar off of CL back in May or June - I didn't because my CPA scared me about owing $ on my 2017 tax return and because the seller confided in me that he was having serious heart burn about selling the guitar - which I've regretted selling a few guitars, so I agreed to no buy it.
The good news is I didn't end up owing taxes and bought one of the Wildwood Spec 1959 335's in Candy Apple Blue. The price tag was nasty, but truly on e of the best guitars I've ever played.
Congrats on the new guit-fiddle!

Hey Mike - congrats on the new 335!

If you saw it on the Austin CL, then it's the same guitar. The seller told me he bought a Collins I35 that he liked better so he was selling the 335. When I got the 335 the truss rod was pretty loose which gave the neck a rubbery feel and the setup was not good. I tightened the truss rod to make the neck almost flat and gave it a proper setup and WOW did the tone improve.

MikeyGesus

Yep, you're right. He told me the same thing about the I35. I'm glad you got it dialed in!

Uncle Gary

I liked the nylon saddles on my '63 reissue ES-335 so much that I put them on my '62 SG reissue and my USA Firebird V. You know my answer.

The only changes I've made on my "63 reissue 335 was changing the knobs to a more "correct" dished reflector type and carving the edge of the pickguard to the correct "wide bevel". Apparently Gibson lost their only 60 degree bevel cutter and reverted to the incorrect narrow bevel. I corrected it by hand using a scraping tool (X-Acto knife).