• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New chainsaw style case from Gibson

Big Al

nope. Looks like an egg shaped SKB. I see little /none of the cool features of the gen I Protector Case. There are other case options I'd pursue before this. meh!:dang

Xpensive Wino

nope. Looks like an egg shaped SKB. I see little /none of the cool features of the gen I Protector Case. There are other case options I'd pursue before this. meh!:dang

I'm with Big Al. :spabout

BTW, I have some SKBs I want to unload, while we're on the subject. :biggrin:

SpencerD

Good for you buddy. :dude:

Vince Q

Hmm, looks more like a photon torpedo. Why not just reissue the old chainsaw cases????

photon2_zpscyggcyis.jpg

photon_zpsr6ryyf4q.jpg

Big Al

Good for you buddy. :dude:

Eh, whatever. You tell me, just what does that case have in common with a gen I Protector? Shape? nope Pocket lid that lifts to function as a neck cradle for quick adjustments/set ups backstage? nope Lightweight, satin finish non marring exterior? nope Intrigal bi level egonomic padded handle allow comfortable vertical as well as horizontal carry? nope

New case? sure Same ol' same ol' ? sure, for the most part. New Chainsaw? in what universe? Good/Bad? I don't know. But I know that it has nothing in common with a chainsaw. If I'm in error please enlighten me, I've only used original gen I Protector cases continuously for gigs and travel/transport since '78 or so and might have missed something.

These "chainsaw" cases are favorites of mine, for their unique utility and functionality. While I do like Troglidytes youtube video's in general, I strongly disagree with his "rivaling the legendary chainsaw case" premis on this video. Especially as this case, in this case, bares none of the hallmarks of the gen I Protector Case, ( in case you missed my responce), and in this case, this new case seems little more than an oddly shaped, rounded over egg shaped SKB style case.
In this case, regarding this case, that is my case to make. Just in case, you know!:laugh2:

renderit

Hmm, looks more like a photon torpedo. Why not just reissue the old chainsaw cases????

photon2_zpscyggcyis.jpg

photon_zpsr6ryyf4q.jpg

I agree! I like it! I must obtain several so I may defend my starship...I LIKE the way they look myself actually. But I DO like canvas coats that tie in back. So there's that...

El Gringo

I have the Gen saw case 2nd iteration and it's a heckuva good case esp. for sending out my Les Paul's via UPS to get work done on them and do you know what ? they protect the heck out of my Les Paul's because during shipment they are going to get tossed around and knocked around and God Bless this case because not a hair has been harmed -they are that good .