• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Parts for a 2018 Explorer

jalevinemd

I've been doing some searching and haven't come across much. Does anyone know a good source for aged gold PAF covers and an aged pick guard that will fit one of these 2018 USA Explorers? :salude

GuitarMikey

I've been doing some searching and haven't come across much. Does anyone know a good source for aged gold PAF covers and an aged pick guard that will fit one of these 2018 USA Explorers? :salude

Can't help, but good luck on a good looking set of aged gold covers. I need some for a ES 345 and haven't found any I like so far.
They all look fake and terrible.

Mike

latestarter

ThroBak covers look good to me.

CrayParts for the guard maybe? Or our friend MojoAxe?

El Gringo

ThroBak .com .I already have a pair of gold covers that I purchased for a set of Patent # sticker T-Tops and they along with Throbak pickups are great !

AA00475Bassman

I have to say my plan was to do the hardware aging change out tail & bridge, tuners when I ordered this guitar . Im so impressed how the guitar plays & sounds I'm not touching anything on this Explorer .

If you ever wanted a Explorer this is one to get ,love the color !

jalevinemd

I have to say my plan was to do the hardware aging change out tail & bridge, tuners when I ordered this guitar . Im so impressed how the guitar plays & sounds I'm not touching anything on this Explorer .

If you ever wanted a Explorer this is one to get ,love the color !

I agree. I’ve always wanted a Korina one but I wasn’t willing to shell out the cash, especially since I’m not a huge Explorer player. The color on these is very close...just a hair darker in some lighting. Changing out the hardware to complete the illusion for myself. My ears aren’t so sophisticated that the mods will change my appreciation for how it sounds...but who knows?

AA00475Bassman

I agree. I’ve always wanted a Korina one but I wasn’t willing to shell out the cash, especially since I’m not a huge Explorer player. The color on these is very close...just a hair darker in some lighting. Changing out the hardware to complete the illusion for myself. My ears aren’t so sophisticated that the mods will change my appreciation for how it sounds...but who knows?

I really bought the guitar to do what your doing & I do believe the shiny nickel will wear on me . Don't take my view point as judgment your project it will be killer when done . I also bought a 2018 JR and the JR really needs some up dates so I will be starting out with mods on the JR . Please keep us informed on progress !

jalevinemd

I really bought the guitar to do what your doing & I do believe the shiny nickel will wear on me . Don't take my view point as judgment your project it will be killer when done . I also bought a 2018 JR and the JR really needs some up dates so I will be starting out with mods on the JR . Please keep us informed on progress !

No judgment perceived. When I think about what I paid for the guitar compared to what I’m shelling out on replacement parts, it seems kinda crazy. But like Sheryl Crow said...”if it makes you happy, it can’t be that bad.” :peace2

AA00475Bassman

I replaced every thing on a USA Firebird only the frets tuners & TRC are stock , spent a boat load IMO it was well worth the money & effort .