• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Correct bridge for '67 Sg Jr

Dynaman

I recently bought a 67 SG Jr and am having plenty of fun with it. I'm getting sounds from almost acoustic guitar through to snappy growly bite. However the bridge isn't original and while I will probably keep this bridge on, I want to get an original. It has the vibrola too. I have done some research and think the correct bridge is the tpbr bridge, but can't find anything definitive. Could i get confirmation please?

I assume a bridge from the 63 and earlier models, where the bridge is angled closer to the
pup at the treble side, won't fit? So this one would have a different model name and number that I should avoid?

Thanks
Scott

J.D.

'67 SG Jr. Would have the chrome "lightning bolt" tailpiece (with the hollowed out underside) and the G string saddle position furthest forward for a wound string.

garywright

here's a visual ..this vibrato w/short comb

Gibson67SG_JunCH000375_15.jpg

Dynaman

Great, thank you. Is it possible I could get this bridge (maybe on ebay) and it won't fit on the studs - eg if the one I buy is from a pre 64 SG Jr which had the studs further apart as it is an angled bridge?

garywright

you want to stick with the correct compensated bridge style with the straight across studs ...thats what your guitar was designed for ...if you put the earlier smooth style on it the intonation will most likely be way off ..still, if you want ti try it i believe the slant bar would fit

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
However the bridge isn't original and while I will probably keep this bridge on, I want to get an original.

The original is a lightning bolt bridge [as mentioned and shown] and should be chrome, not nickel. The smooth top stop tailpiece is incorrect for your guitar.

BurstWurst

All my vintage wraptail style Gibsons eventually end up wearing MojoAxe bridges. In this case it'd be a CWT60-A (with proper compensation for the plain G string), I believe. Although, not sure how it'd work out with the vibrato.

garywright

yeah, Dan's parts are great but I'm not sure if he offers a chrome version

guitplayer

All my vintage wraptail style Gibsons eventually end up wearing MojoAxe bridges. In this case it'd be a CWT60-A (with proper compensation for the plain G string), I believe. Although, not sure how it'd work out with the vibrato.
This is the right step. I`d also find a chrome original and keep with the guitar/case.:)

Dynaman

Just found one on ebay and grabbed it. Now to wait for 4 weeks......Thanks to all for your advice.

zombiwoof

Personally, I would get one with the modern plain G string intonation, if that is what you use. There are plenty around that look like the originals, the plain G intonation makes it a lot easier to intonate.
Al

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Personally, I would get one with the modern plain G string intonation, if that is what you use. There are plenty around that look like the originals, the plain G intonation makes it a lot easier to intonate.
Al

He was looking for an original bridge. He was happy with the bridge on it, and just wanted to have an original bridge to go with it. :ganz