• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Best Gov Mule Album to get started with?

Hollandweb

I am a huge Allman Brothers fan which has introduced me to Warren Haynes. I recently bought Gov Mule tickets to go see him play in a couple months, but haven't listened to much Gov Mule music. They have a pretty large Discography, so which album would you all recommend I start with? they don't really have a typical "greatest hits" album, so I am not sure where to start.

Thanks,
EH

zacknorton

Dark side of the Mule
Dose = Rock!
live from the Roseland ballroom
govt mule - debut
sco-mule.

I mwan mean you can’t go wrong. But I’m partial to Mr. Woody on bass.

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
The new one, Revolution is pretty damn good too.

buckaroo

Formerly Tweedguy
"Shout" is a very strong release. It has some diversity on the second disc with the many guest artists redoing the songs from the first disc.

You might also dig Warren's solo albums; with Railroad Earth "Ashes and Dust" and the earlier "Man in Motion".

I would go as far as to say that these three albums reveal a highly creative peak of Warren's work...though not his only creative peak for sure :hank

lespaul1970

Can't go wrong with any of them! But Dose is tough to beat! That's a trio playing their asses off right there!

Steve Craw

Formerly Lefty Elmo
One of my favorites is "The Deepest End, Live" . It's a 6 hour concert, two CDs and a DVD, from 2003. It covers some great material from the earlier years, with great guests.

Hollandweb

Thanks everyone, I've been listening to Life Before Insanity and just downloaded Dose. Love me some Gov't Mule!