• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

GW review: Fender American Original '50s and '60s Telecasters

Xpensive Wino

I’m as big a fan of vintage guitars as anybody else. I started collecting them more than 40 years ago and have built up a large collection of instruments that I love to play often. But lately I confess that I no longer see much of a need to buy a vintage guitar beyond purely nostalgic reasons. Today there is an abundance of great guitars with awesome tone and playability on the market, and they’re much more affordably priced than comparable examples on the vintage market.

https://www.guitarworld.com/gear/review-fender-american-original-50s-and-60s-telecasters

bern1

I am finding the same thing. I recently purchased one of the last (2017) American Vintage Strats. Excellent quality overall, plays and sounds great. Way better than new Fenders used to be in the 70’s for sure and I think the 80’s as well.

fraizer

I am finding the same thing. I recently purchased one of that last (2017) American Vintage Strats. Excellent quality overall, plays and sounds great. Way better than new Fenders used to be in the 70’s for sure and I think the 80’s as well.
Totally worth it!

Last edited: