• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

FS 1967 telecaster

NL128

Up for sale is a 1967 maple cap fretboard telecaster with the OHSC.

It's been freshly re fretted with 6105 frets and a new bone nut. Besides the refret and nut , it is 100% original. The finish ,electronics , solder joints and every other piece of the guitar are all completely stock. Just the way it left the factory in 1967.

I spent a long time looking for a clean untouched example of a maple cap tele without any issues. I bought this last January from Buzzy at Lark street music . When I bought it everything was perfect except the factory frets were almost worn down to nothing .
I had the re fret done by Mike Virok of Bordentown guitar. He did an outstanding job. He was able to keep the original fretboard finish untouched . The neck has zero issues or twist . The original frets and nut are included.

The guitar is set up perfectly and plays great. You can bend as much as you want without any fretting out or buzzing.
The neck is a perfect example of a mid 60s Fender medium C shape . It's measures .850 at the 1st fret and .920 at the 12th with a 1.625 nut width.

All the electronics function perfectly with no issues at all. The pots are dated 1966 with the vintage style tele circuitry and cloth wiring.

For the sake of full disclosure-
The pickups do have the normal microphonic snap that the mid sixties teles are known for. For example if you have a deluxe reverb on 8 in a 10x10ft room and are standing 3ft away with pickups facing the speaker. You will get some feedback but as soon as you turn around it goes away. Playing loud on stages or rehearsal rooms it's not an issue.

I just wanted to mention it incase a potential buyer was planning on playing at high volumes in a really small room facing the amp.

That being said IMO this guitar has the clearest best sounding pickups of any tele I've ever owned.

Weights in at 7.25 lbs

It's a truly outstanding guitar that wish I could keep but I have some home projects going and that's the only reason I'm selling it.

Any questions please let me know. For serious inquiries I can take extra pics of any parts of the guitar you would like to see .

$7350 shipped and PayPal'd with in the U.S

As far as trades go I would possibly do danocaster teles , 335 60s reissues , a Gibson chambered historic CR0 or a Collings I 35 . Plus cash

Indoor photos

Outdoor photos

QCBBDt5.jpg

7QQoi3X.jpg

Yl2u4ik.jpg

rgat1vW.jpg

2Ndu8sm.jpg

PjDPQZ8.jpg

O92Tbm4.jpg

Pics from lark street music listing when I bought it.

3FRpzwX.jpg