• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The ultimate guitar safari...meet Uncle Brazzy a/k/a Grandpa's Goldtop!!!

renderit

Keep the watches, I don't need to be on time. Besides, if it don't gots a fob it don't get a ride on 'dis slob.
Now that guitar my friend. I hate you more than EVER! Mojo in spades! I regret the days in the last few years where they became unobtainum for me. I admire those beasts that used to adorn every guitar shop wall for peanuts. I want one badly, but must do without. Play that one extra long for me. Damn that's purty!

Peteyvee2

It looks well loved and it must be a good one because Uncle Brazzy played the heck out of it. Very cool... :salude

T.Allen

I love that 2nd shot where you captured the sick grain of the checking. :salude

cjp54

Awesome Goldtop! A lot going on with this one Charlie!! The insane checking in both directions, flame on the horn and some of the most awesome arm where I've seen!!! Wow I love Goldtops like this! Thank you for sharing the guitar and the story!

Midnight Blues

Very cool! Congrats Charlie, HNVGTD
attachment.php
and play him in good health!

treyrab

Very cool! A co-worker of mine sent an e-mail around to our office guitar group alias (I think it was his Uncle who was selling it). Funny that it ended up with you Charlie - Enjoy!

Fried okra

CD, what a great story and killer GT. :salude I just love this kinda stuff. :jim

ak_

Is a great story and looks like a wonderful and well-played gt. I am sure it has some stories to tell and even more to make. Congrats Charlie!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
Here I am playing Uncle Brazzy at a gig we had last weekend.:jim

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2fmsqOW5WbM" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bruce R

Very nice! Great tone & playing. Love the slow vibrato, kinda Mick Ralph-ish. What amp were you using that night?