• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

2016 R8

Dogamondo

I've found a new 2016 R8 plain top that I'm quite fond of and am considering purchasing.

Can anyone comment on this model?

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Elec...Standard-Historic-1958-Les-Paul-Standard.aspx

Any complaints or things to be wary of with the 2016 historics?

Failing that there's an R8 2018 VOS plain top that I could buy internationally and land in Australia for a similar price, but would have to wait a while for the CITES certs.

Many thanks

AA00475Bassman

I own & owned several R8s really killer guitars I really like the 2018's from a visual stand point yet to have one in hand . I owned one of the first rack R8's think it was a 96 don't quote me on the year . I have been a R8 customer since , Im sure either one you choose will be fantastic !

R8 Flame Top

I own a 2016 R8. It's a amazing guitar. I say if the price is right and you like the guitar consider purchasing it.

Dogamondo

Thanks guys.

I saw someone mention in the historic section that the 2016's have wonky serial numbers or something?

renderit

You WILL notice the question mark? Somewhere in there 2016-2017) the NON-TH's had different serial numbers from the standard vintage type ? Notice the I'M NOT SURE SO I PUT IN THE QUESTION MARK that got translated out and became FALSE NARRATIVE. Jeez.

I went back and dropped out a bunch of statements. I will no longer post about anything I am not 100% sure about. OO

Last edited: