• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Chibson?

alanjohnlew

ebay item 273312520161. For sale in Brighton UK. The seller has recently had a neutral feedback "seller withdrew" on a Les Paul Custom. Looks Chibson to me, what ya' think.

chasenblues

Chibson?

s-l1600.jpg

Yes.

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
For those of us who aren't at the top of the class at the Bletchley Park school of guitar spotting, what in that photo screams Chibson?

PaulD

Interesting to note that it is listed as "Les Paul Guitar Black". The word Gibson does not appear anywhere in the listing - I think the seller knows exactly what it is, or more to the point what it isn't!

Don

The slotted bridge adjustment screw have typically been the easiest thing to spot, but some fakes are better there now. This guitar has so many things wrong with it and is very obviously a fake, though I've seen other guitars recently that are harder to spot for the casual Les Paul fan. The best thing is to check in here.