• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Carvin/Bassman mod

guitplayer

Heres a Blankenship mod bassman I put in a Carvin Bel air cab.
Had to widen opening slightly. But fits fine. With 212`s ,it sounds really good.
Had a master VOL put on back panel. Tone stack bypass on BASS side.
Stock NORMAL side. A/B between. And really all I would need at most
gigs is a mechanical/flip contact A/B box.

guitplayer

Cool, thanks. Seems I`m in a constant battle with bar owners and loudness.
I`ve tried attenuators.. different amps. But I like/need that certain tone
that only comes with a driven amp. But blowing their eardrums is not in the curriculum.
Imagine.. they want to have conversations in a bar. But you have to keep up VOl. with
the drummer. I would not ask one to "ease" up. I like it. Its a....Family Tradition.
Go figure. Known Roy a long time. When he is not working on REO`s amps for their
most recent outing or on FB talking politics he can deliver some magic. He really is
an enigma. So the amp is 17 inches tall. Tight fit for everything. But it
will fit in my truck seat and do all I need. The question is do I use my THD atten. to cut VOL.
I which case I`d have to change speakers to a pair of 16ohm.
The amp here reminds me of a Bogner but with better note /picking articulation.:hank:hippy

corpse

I forgot those Mesa cabs have the cutout around the controls panel- it looked misfit at 5AM when I looked at it.

JeffBlue

Cool idea. My Carvin Bel Air chassis is sitting on a bench after the power output board arced and fried. I removed the board and punched holes bigger and hard mounted 4 octal sockets wired for 6V6s. Still don't have the values right so it is still sitting. The Carvin cab however, has a Peavey Rockmaster preamp mounted in it and I am using that with my 1969 Fender Bandmaster Reverb.