• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD - Gibson Explorer CS 1958 M2M

Phatfrank

So I was at local(ish) dealer here a few months back to test drive a lovely 1956 LPC, and as I left I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be beat up old Explorer. I asked about it, and it turned out that the store owner had ordered a customized 1958 Explorer from Gibson's Made 2 measure program. He'd spec'ed it to replicate his favorite original Explorer, and I quote: "I can see myself buying an original burst in the real world, but a 1MUSD original Explorer just isn't going to happen. So I got the next best thing." Needless to say, I had to have it. I meen, I REALLY had to have it.

I had a lightly aged 1958 CS version, but this thing is nothing like it. The relicing and finish are probably the best I've ever seen, and it plays, sounds and feels like a really, really good old axe. Never played (or seen) an original, but if they're even better than this thing they are worth every penny:hee

So here she is; 2017 Gibson CS 1958 Explorer Made 2 Measure. Hope you like it.

2krlsiw.jpg

FzCjYVS.jpg

dl4IxH7.jpg

uL0jooT.jpg

DPDA3nS.jpg

GGAyJ9N.jpg

tbBYOtr.jpg

renderit

I Love it! WOW! Prepare to start receiving my hate mail!

AA00475Bassman

Its killer I do really like the big chunk of mahogany the grain is really really nice !