• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My 56 ES-175DN Blondie.

Jack David 1958

i hope you enjoy.

Jack
1956%20ES-175DN_zpsbppasyot.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Jack David 1958

Nice! All original?
good morning and unfortunately no. the tail-piece as well as the pick-up spacers are non-original. anything else, i leave you to judge. however, she does retain the original Keys, Pick-Ups and Electronics, as well as having the nibs on the original frets. non- OHSC.

wmachine

good morning and unfortunately no. the tail-piece as well as the pick-up spacers are non-original. anything else, i leave you to judge. however, she does retain the original Keys, Pick-Ups and Electronics, as well as having the nibs on the original frets. non- OHSC.
Very cool regardless!
I wondered about the tailpiece. I have a '54 Reissue (2015) ES-175 and I know the '54s had the "older" tailpiece. I knew that in '57 when they went to the humbuckers they had the "newer" tailpiece, but I didn't know which tailpiece they used in '56. Apparently the tailpiece and humbuckers were new for '57.
I suppose you could swap-out your tailpiece for an older one if you were that inclined to.