• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Standard (aged) & Les Paul Custom Released!

ScumbackSpeakers

Re: New 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Standard (aged) & Les Paul Custom Released!

I wonder if they would sell just the case with the gold lining. I guess I could ask, since I already have a 68 LPC. :spabout

moonweasel

Re: New 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Standard (aged) & Les Paul Custom Released!

Anyone have one of these? Would love to hear an in hand review. Not sure if they have really hit the streets yet...

kszpak

Actually, I meant a hypothetical new production 68 GT Reissue based on the current aged 50th but unaged vs. an R6.

If your "most weigh a ton" comment is towards the original 60s guitars --- Total production in the original era was probably around 2000 instruments, so I am not completely sure where you are getting the "most weigh a ton" thing. Most I have seen are within half a pound of 9lbs. Pretty normal for an LP.

Moon hit it on the head. The 60's LP were not the boat anchors of the 70"s. My '69 GT weighs in at 8.5lbs.