• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gavin Menzies- Guitar Tech to the Stars- Rest In Peace

Vintage1

You were loved by many Gavin. :eek:la

An extensive L.A. based career- Guitar Tech, Bass Tech, Drum Tech, Stage Manager, Security,
an avid guitar collector, and sometimes a VIP chauffeur. His extensive work for the following
artists would have made a wonderful book!

PRINCE, BABY FACE, ROGER DALTREY, MEATLOAF, REEVES GABRELS, BILLY IDOL, STEVE STEVENS, STEVE LUKATHER- studio, Chris Squire, Steve Howe, Ann Wilson, JACK BRUCE, Joe Bonamassa,
Howard Leese, TOTO, ROD STEWART- studio, HOWIE MANDEL band, CHER- band, LITA FORD,
JAY LENO SHOW, T.M. Stevens, JOE COCKER- studio, SAM KINISON, DAVID LEE ROTH, Steve Vai,
Michael Schenker, ALLAN HOLDSWORTH, HEART, RANDY MEISNER, LITA FORD, JOE PERRY,
THE RUNAWAYS, AIMEE MANN, KAT DYSON, STEVEN SEAGAL, SPINAL TAP, DANNY KORTCHMAR,
Jeff Golib, McAULEY SCHENKER GROUP, SHALAMAR, Mark Andes, CARMINE APPICE, Gerard McMahon,
RHONDA SMITH, VENICE, RICHARD MARX, CURTIS STIGERS, BuckCherry, Don Felder,
and many more- I'm sure.

Photo courtesy of Billy Duffy- THE CULT.
Gavin.jpg

Last edited:

Vintage1

There will be a memorial celebration on August 31st at Pat's Cocktails in Valley Village, CA.

We lost Gavin Menzies on June 7th after a prolonged illness, and a difficult battle with depression.

Gavin had a long, star-studded career as a guitar tech and industry guy. He had a larger-than-life personality and truly commanded a room whenever he was around.

Gavin was also involved in fundraising for several charities including St. Jude's Children's Hospital. I think I saw more joy on Gavin's face from helping out the children at St. Judes than just about anything else he ever spoke about or did during his life. Many young lives were touched and made a little better for his involvement there.

Gavin's loss is a big one, and our gatherings will be the poorer for his absence, but we are grateful for all he did for us, and want to extend our love and sympathy to his mother and family at this very difficult time.

Pat's Cocktails is located at:

12121 Riverside Dr, Valley Village, CA 91607.

We'll be meeting there from 6-8pm. I hope everyone will make the time to come out and show love to Gavin's mom, Leslie.

He will not be forgotten.

We'll miss ya, Buddy!

If you are friends with Howie Hubberman on Facebook, please RSVP there for Gavin's Memorial. All are welcome.