• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New 2018 Bartlett '59 Replica

JPP-1

Ed, I like the gloss, it just seemed a little orange peely to me in those other pictures. I noticed a similar thing when I played a couple of HM Les Pauls that were otherwise great. I'm sure it's probably just exaggerations from the lighting. Pictures can often be deceiving.

Btw, great Youtube video with the R7 and those rewind PAf-1s through your plexi. Phenomenal tone. While i thought your Bartletts did slightly best that CC in your videos, the R7 sounded every bit as good. Honky, woody, vowelly, without mud. Of course, your expressive playing contributes a whole bunch to the tone. Very much in the vain of ABB. I'm sure you could sneak in with Derek and Warren and no one would be the wiser.

JPP1... you picked a couple pix that reflect the light a bit weirdly... yes the finish isnt high gloss, but it is glossy, and I can tell you it is extremely thin... if you look at these pix with reflections what youre seeing mostly is the finish sucking into the wood pores... I personally didnt want perfect glass shine but didnt want dull either.... but definitely not a thick finish...

Ed A

Ed, I like the gloss, it just seemed a little orange peely to me in those other pictures. I noticed a similar thing when I played a couple of HM Les Pauls that were otherwise great. I'm sure it's probably just exaggerations from the lighting. Pictures can often be deceiving.

Btw, great Youtube video with the R7 and those rewind PAf-1s through your plexi. Phenomenal tone. While i thought your Bartletts did slightly best that CC in your videos, the R7 sounded every bit as good. Honky, woody, vowelly, without mud. Of course, your expressive playing contributes a whole bunch to the tone. Very much in the vain of ABB. I'm sure you could sneak in with Derek and Warren and no one would be the wiser.

Well I dont know about sneaking in with Derek and Warren!... but thanks for the compliment... I really dont like the recorded tone of that plexi video I did, dont think it does the amp and guitar justice, but this 2018 R7 and the PAF-1s are killer!.... Gonna try recording it again in a bigger open area.... And just today I got the sudden crazy idea to make this R7 into a full out Page #3... you know have the red sprayed over the gold for the candy apple effect... get a couple of double black ReWinds.. and black rings, grovers and gold barrel knobs... May be nuts to do to a new guitar, but hey you only live once and you being a Page fan hopefully you approve... here's a pix of somebody elses... love this look!

Page%203%20clone_zpsmlmfqkoi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ed A

I don’t know about sneaking in with Derek and Warren those guys are miles above! Thanks for the compliment. The video with the plexi still didn’t really capture the sound in the room I got to try again. By the way it may sound crazy but I’m pretty much planning on converting that 2018 R7 to a Jimmy Page #3 with the candy apple red and some black ReWind PAFs, Grovers, gold speed knobs the whole route. Always wanted one of those and I got a goldtop so what the hell!

Anje

Ed, I think that Page #3 conversion would be a great project :salude

JPP-1

I don’t know about sneaking in with Derek and Warren those guys are miles above! Thanks for the compliment. The video with the plexi still didn’t really capture the sound in the room I got to try again. By the way it may sound crazy but I’m pretty much planning on converting that 2018 R7 to a Jimmy Page #3 with the candy apple red and some black ReWind PAFs, Grovers, gold speed knobs the whole route. Always wanted one of those and I got a goldtop so what the hell!

The R7 sounded really amazing, with that said if I had to have a solid color Les Paul, other than a really worn and greening Goldtop, red would be it. A tribute to Jimmy’s #3 would be very cool.