• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Resonance and New CS LP under 8.5LBS

RocknRollShakeUp

For what it's worth, Ive got two wildwood featherweights, an R7 at 7.98lbs, and an R4 at 7.86 lbs, I think it was, and they are both amazing sounding. In my 20s I gigged a 10lb Les Paul for 5 years, but at this point in my late 40s, I won't be buying another LP that weighs more than 8.5 lbs ever again, and won't likely go over 8.2lbs most likely.

renderit

Yeah, I hear you. I had a 69 that was North of 10# right before I got married. Damn thing killed me BACK THEN. I was doing quite a bit of Bowie/Boston though, so the tone was what I wanted. Through a Dual Showman with JBL 15s (I used and Ice Cube and MXR Distortion a lot). I was good for MAYBE 2 hours before pain set in. And I was pretty fit back then. I learned to fit in a few songs with an acoustic and a few with my old 64 (5?) SG and my buds 335.

That R4 above at 7-11.9 was actually from Wildwood but was NOT a featherweight! Though it WAS lighter than any Featherweight they had! It has a neck like a pool-table leg. Fattest neck I have EVER played.