• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What I think Gibson should do now

lvidal

Now that Gibson have stated that they will focus completely in guitar making I have some personal vision of how the Les Paul model offering should be. Some will agree, some not and probably the most of you will say I’m dreaming or crazy. But I want to open a debate here and also I have some free time and my guitar is out of reach right now :hank

• Drastic cut of models. Just have these ones:
    • Les Paul Standard. Rename the Traditionals back to Standard as the actual Standard have nothing to do with what a Standard have historically been. This model should be the flagship USA model. Make it almost exactly the 2017 Traditional (nylon nut, no weight relief, ABR, light weight tailpiece, etc) but with this changes:
      • Make it 3 options:
        • Standard 58: ‘58s neck profile, plain tops
        • Standard 59: ‘59s neck profile, AAA tops
        • Standard 60: ‘60s neck profile, AA tops
      • Color options: Heritage Cherry Burst, Honeyburst, Tobacco Vintage Burst, Caramel Burst, Lemonburst, Desert Burst, Iced Tea burst, Goldtop, Ebony.
      • Long tenon.
      • Price between $2,300 and $3500 based on finish and flame top grade.
    • Les Paul Modern (or something like that): Current Standard HP model with the same specs and anything they want to experiment with.
      • Put back humbucker rings.
      • Long tenon
      • Price: from $1,999 to $2,500
    • Les Paul Classic:
      • just P90
      • 9-hole weight relief
      • Goldtop, Ebony and Cherryburst colors.
      • Short tenon
      • ’54 neck profile
      • Rolled fingerboard edges
      • Price: $1,600
    • Les Paul Studio: almost the same as current ones but:
      • No binding
      • 9-hole weight relief
      • Optional fast access heel or traditional
      • Short tenon
      • A lot of color options
      • ’50s and ‘60s neck profile options
      • No rolled edges
      • Price: $699 to $999
    • Les Paul Elite: this a good model with Bigsby that should stay:
      • Make it with body binding too.
      • 9-hole weight relief
      • 50s profile, rolled edges
      • Price: as current $1,799
    • Les Paul Custom: bring back the Black Beauty. Nothing more to say about this.
    • Les Paul Custom Shop: everything they do now but lower the crazy non-sense prices a lot and start from $4,000 up to $12,000.

Lets start the discussion! :salude