• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The Esquire files

Dave P

I got this pine body at a Dallas show years ago for $20, so I decided this summer to build an Esquire-y type guitar out of it. Fired up the spray gun and shot it with some black lacquer. I changed the mud capacitor to something more useable. Has more of a cocked wah sound in the mud switch setting.
pb1.jpg

agogetr

Not at all.

Thanks to the Gristle King, everyone knows that a single pickup guitar produces superior sound, because two (or more) pickups suck up the tone juice. :ganz
thats exactly right, i have several and the esquires are just better! also i,m not lookin for versatility when i pick up a one pickup guitar , although there are some different tones to be had.
my best sounding tele (2 pickup) is a 52 where i wired the lead pickup straight to the jack, its so good its scary

fakejake

Just stumbled across this and had to post it. Now isn't that something? If you're a Fender guy, this has you pretty much covered :)
mdulrflk5cdqgynynvsf.jpg