NEW! LPF Facebook Page
LilyPix
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: 2018 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Customs and Goldtops

Quote Originally Posted by Ohdavey86 View Post
    Does anyone have any tips to take this aged dull ebony VOS out and shine this anniversary models to the sheen she deserves? I love the way she Sounds. But I know it’s super official but I can’t get
    past paying 5k for a finish I’m not pumped on. Am I the only one? Any suggestions?
    I've used 3M Finesse It II car wax on all my VOS guitars, and it works great. Takes off all the gunk and polishes it to a gloss. The sucky part is you have to remove all the parts - pickups, tuners, everything. You apply it with a dry cloth, then wipe it off. I do this to the entire guitar twice, then use Stewmacs Preservation Polish twice in the same method as I did the Finess It. Afterwords you'll have a nice clean glossy guitar.
    My Gibsons: 2018 LP '59 Historic, 2018 LP Jr '58 Historic, 2018 LP/SG Historic, 2016 Firebird I '63 Historic, 2015 Firebird III '64 Historic, 2011 ES-335 Wrap-Tail '59 Historic, 2011 LP Special '60 Historic, 2001 Thunderbird bass
    Quote Originally Posted by 82 Silverburst View Post
    What I see on this forum more and more is akin to little girls playing dress up with their dolls, getting them ready for some tea party.

Les Paul Forum Member marshall1987's Avatar
    Feuding With "Devil Anse" Hatfield on the Tug Fork

Re: 2018 50th Anniversary 1968 Les Paul Customs and Goldtops

Quote Originally Posted by turboLp View Post
    mine has bridge posts leaning backwards. i wonder whether it's just mine or others too? maybe it's a "normal" feature of the 68?

Attachment 8192Attachment 8191
    It's possible your bridge posts are slightly off perpendicular, but the recent thumbwheels have a tendency to tip or lean backwards on the posts. In other words, the thumbwheels rock slightly on the posts making it look like the posts are the problem.
    "Scan not a friend under a microscopic glass; you know his faults so let his foibles pass".

Sir Frank Crisp
    Friar Park
    London, England

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123